i hate cooking. but i’ve got this recipe i’ve known since i was 8 or 9 years old. it’s called “how to make me feel like a failure”. here’s the preparing process:
– take a chunk of pressure (if it’s due tomorrow, even better)
– add a phone call to the interaction
– mix it with tones of disapproval/aggressiveness, emotional blackmail & financial threats
– do some name-calling (“you are being unreasonable”; “egotistical”)
– pour some unchecked facts to get that confusion flavor (“you asked for my help”; “you can’t even do this alone”)
serve it scaldingly hot. preferably, against your own skin, in order to give it a sensation of flailing yourself to perfection.
listening while writing: Lotte Kestner – Don’t Dream It’s Over